Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sorry for the delay in posts guys

How do I know if I'm at risk?

  • Family History - if you have an immediate relative (father or brother), the risk increases by 5 to 10 times;
  • Age - prostate cancer is seldom diagnosed before the age of 40, and more than 75% of all prostate cancers are diagnosed in men over age 65;
  • Race - some racial groups (eg. African Americans) are at much higher risk than Asians and Caucasians;
  • Ethnicity - the disease is common in North America and North-Western Europe and is less common in Asia, Africa and South America
  • Fat intake and meat - a diet rich in fat especially smoked and burned meat, and low in fresh fruit and vegetables has been associated with an increased risk of prostate cancer.

15 comments:

  1. Thank god I fall under the asian race. No prostate please D:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn. . .all I eat is smoked meat O.O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely some interesting facts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am scared of cancer. Very bad

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have it in mind the next time i'll be eating something smoked lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man I need to quit with the smoked ham.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i get my prostate checked and i'm 22, but it's mostly just for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish i was born in the 70s when no one really cared

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't eat smoked ham so much so guess I'm ok, so long as I live a healthy lifestyle...

    ReplyDelete
  10. My god. I'm afraid to go to the doctor. I don't want to know :<

    ReplyDelete
  11. No family history, I'm not old, I'm white and I eat pretty healthy.

    Feelsgoodman.

    U Laugh U Lose
    http://ulaughulose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, interesting information to know

    ReplyDelete